The Extent of Implementation of Safety Environmental Management Strategies of Solid Waste A Pilot Study For Opinions Of A Sample Of Administrative Leadership In Mosul Municipality Directorate
2011, Volume 33, Issue 105, Pages 187-209
The study sought to identify the reality of solid waste management and to identify the extent of solid waste management application strategies by the people or service units of the Directorate of Mosul Municipality, the study identified the problem by raising the following questions:
1. To what extent and clarity of the concept and application of knowledge and strategies for environmental management of solid waste?
2. What are the obstacles to the application of environmental management strategies for municipal solid waste in Mosul?
In order to reach the objectives of the study, a sample was selected from the administrative leadership (Director of the municipality and the deputy and division directors and heads of service units) to be room for the field of study. The study used a form of questionnaire to collect data, as well as personal interviews, relied on a set of statistical tools such as frequencies, percentages, averages and standard deviations. The study found the most important conclusions of the following:
1. Lack of definition of the responsibility for managing solid waste in the municipality of Mosul.
2. No preliminary treatment is enough for solid waste.
3. Lack of administrative elements to the training.
The study research included a set of proposals that can be relied upon to overcome the problems that prevent the safe application of environmental management of solid waste in the municipality of Mosul, as well as proposing a number of future studies as it deems appropriate researchers in the field of the present study.
- Article View: 176
- PDF Download: 122