Environmental Pollution Causes in Duhok City and Styles to Limit Its Effects (or Truces)
2011, Volume 33, Issue 105, Pages 164-186
The problems of environmental pollution extends within the increase in economic activity continues on the one hand and the continuous increase in the transportation activities on the other; as well as the problems of deserting, forest removal in cities. Furthermore, Duhok City is considered as one of the Iraqi Cities that can get environmental pollution, simply because of the enormous growth in population and the increase in the number of automobiles rates besides the trespassing the green lands and architecture. The city is under desertification, drought stricken, the existence of factories is however the most effective items of polluting the environment in the city or borders. Furthermore, the excessive uses of pesticides have made the city a subject to the pollution, so it leaves daily thousands of tons of pollution to air, water and land. Thus, the following are the main causes of pollution:
- Cars leave nearly 901031 ton/yearly pollution to city air,
- Factories and workshops 8467.2 ton/yearly,
- Pesticides 375000 liter/yearly,
- Smoking 12262 ton/yearly,
- Various wastes 113150 ton/yearly.
As a part of departure the current study has shown some suggestions to limit the environmental pollution through the following:
- Increasing the environmental consciousness in the citizens by specified programs that share to limit pollution.
- Re - using and recycling the domestic and industrial wastes.
- Using clean technology in product operations (or processes).
- Planting trees in the city so it has been required to plant 951860 trees to limit cars pollution because each car needs 7 trees to delete its environmental effect.
- Using bio fuel that has less environmental pollution.
- Solving sanitation problem inside the city and exchanging it by plastic tubes under the ground.
- Maintaining sanitation and sour water in order not to pollute drinking water.
- The research has depended upon using recent references that relevant to the current topic.
- Article View: 216
- PDF Download: 113